Finally got a day off, let alone some time off. Things should be easing up soon (in two weeks or so), but until then I need to get as many hours as possible (currently working 60+ hours a week). I’m working on the Megaman map and collision engine. While I already have one for the shooter, it’s strictly 8×8 based (with optimization for 8×8 detection). I want to use 16×16 meta tiles for the MM clone game. So while I tend to use Mappy and my own specialized converter to bring it over to PCE (it also handles embedded subpalette data in the Mappy tiles too), I need to some functionality for 16×16 meta tiles. Almost done with that, this morning. I’ll eventually write my own map tool strictly for PCE (I already have the framework for it done and with my own internal GUI codeset), but I need something quick for now. Hence modifying my FMP2PCE tool.
“FMP to PCE map converter. Ver 1.0.1″);
“\n -Usage: fmp2pce -option “);
“\n -o is the subpalette offset for the tilemap. 1 digit hex.”);
“\n -l Length of output palette block (n*16). 1 digit hex.”);
“\n -p Include an external palette to use instead of the FMP pal.”);
“\n -v Tile offset in vram (kWORDs). 3 digit hex. Default is 100h”);
“\n -s Output the tile map in vertical strips instead of horizontal.”);
“\n -x1 Clip map: horiztonal start position. Value must be a 4digit hex.”);
“\n -y1 Clip map: vertical start position. Value must be a 4digit hex.”);
“\n -x2 Clip map: horiztonal end position. Value must be a 4digit hex.”);
“\n -y2 Clip map: vertical end position. Value must be a 4digit hex.”);
Any colors (in palettized mode) above 16 are interpreted as belonging to subpalettes. I.e. colors 0-15 are first subpalette, colors 16-31 are second subpalette, etc. I have other support tools that will embedded the subpalette data into the colors for a tileset, for use in mappy or anything else. I actually have quite a bit of tools developed, all around this sort of thing. I just need to combined them all into a single GUI based app… some point later on.
Anyway, got the whole day dedicated to working on ‘WIP Game 2013′.
Oh, I almost forgot. Last year, I made an aluminum hucard (dubbed Alu-card). It was machined manually (my brother has a small hobbyist machine shop). Well, I got to talking with my brother about all things machining and aluminum, and I’ve come up with the idea of anodizing the cards and spraying the tip of the card with with matching paint (real 3 part auto paint or real auto clear) to make the cards usable. It won’t be cheap and they are more for collecting than anything else, but they will be functional. I was thinking of making a limited edition set and sell them off to raise funds for these two games. I’ll have more details on this later, but the price will be pretty damn high. But, if no one ends up buying them – then I’ll put them into a raffle system for the pre-order phase (pre-order the game, get a chance at these cards).