Some ripped samples and examples
Music engine is delayed (’cause I’m a lazy bastard). But I whipped up some pce instruments for a XM file mean time. See here:
In the description is a link to the XM file. Feel free to use/rip whatever from that file. I did some sound examples too.
Remember, if you going to make PCE music in milkytracker – use the following rules:
– Set “Frequency Table” under “config” to “Amiga Frequencies”
– Set “Resampling” to “Amgia 1200” (*not* the LED one, please!)
– Set long samples to relative C-4 and use A-3, or set to relative A-3 and use C-4. The first is best as it’s easy to see long samples from other entries in the patterns.
– Set *ALL* short waveforms “repeat” to “forward”. You can find this under “Smp. Ed.”
– Long waveforms can be “no looping” or “forward” looping.
– Volume envelopes are fine. But use coarse steps if possible or look at the conversion table I made (somewhere on this blog)
I think that covers everything.