I think my concussion is gone
Long story short, I work in construction related field from time to time. I was up 20 feet, on a scissor lift, when I jumped straight up into a metal beam/bracket. Gave me a nice gash and bump on the top of my head and a nasty headache through out the night (night work shift). A couple of hours in, and I was feeling really nauseated. I found it difficult to concentrate for a few days, too. That was a few days ago. Seems to have worn off now (the last symptom; focus). I don’t have any medical coverage (too poor to afford it), so I just waited it out.
Anyway, had a bitch of time trying to code these past two days. It was really annoying. But things have seem to cleared up today. Made a lot of progress on hooking the MM main sprite handling routine. The idea, was not to replace the original sprites – but to detect certain ones and then to overlay a new set on top of the old set. The replacement sprite has its own new table that I made for them. When I encounter the sprite, I save state the emulator and pause the game. Then, I adjust the values in the new tables so that the new meta sprite aligns up with the old one. Once that’s done, I can remove the old sprite.
The problem was, making an exact duplicate sprite handling routine and jump to that when a specific sprite # is identified. Modifying that last part (the alt copy routine) was a pain. But today, along with a clear head, I was able to get it up and running in no time.
Moral of the story; concussion are no good! Lol