Archive for translation

Spriggan Mark 2 English translation/dub

Posted in translations with tags , , , , on March 24, 2014 by pcedev

Got the day off, today.

Burnt Lasagna’s been waiting on SamIam and me, for the final revision of the script. While he has all the ADPCM ripped from the game, obviously he needs something to give the voice actors. SamIam has been pretty busy from what he’s posted, and so have I. But it seems both of us have a little bit of free time in the next two weeks.

I have a few formatting errors that I need to fix on my end, nothing really holding back BL and Sam – but stage 5 script is larger than the original and is the primary problem. I have an old compression scheme in place in the game, just for this kind of scenario – but my code is soooo old that I have to re-understand it/RE it. I wrote all this print routine and such, back in 2007 (VWF routine and compression scheme).

So anyway, hopefully we can get all stuff done for BL to do the audio dub right away. My stuff is fairly easy, and Sam just needs to review the script in game for the final adjustments.

If everything goes as planned, this will be the third translated and English dubbed game for the PCE CD.

Advertisements

Ys IV English Dub patch released

Posted in translations, Uncategorized with tags , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , on September 24, 2012 by pcedev

Trailer:
Site: http://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/index.php?topic=13136.msg259515#new

Wow. I can’t wait to try this out. This is definitely an incredible feat and a perfect game of choice too. Love it 😀 Now, all the Valis games on the PCE next, please.

Script inserter

Posted in translations with tags , , , , , , , , on March 26, 2012 by pcedev

Been working over the weekend, and today, on the script inserter for Spriggan Mark 2. I had lost my original inserter source, but I still have all my other source related to the project. Not too much of a big deal since the old inserter wasn’t fully finished. Just ironed out a handful of bugs today and the new inserter appears to be running great. The ADPCM pointer system inside the string was the source of most bugs. It’s a control code that contains a literal/absolute pointer (rather than relative) to an 8byte ADPCM string after the text block. I was able to cache the literal pointer location and back updated it without doing a two pass approach. Made things easier.

So I got level 1 draft inserted and tweaked with the formatting and timing a bit (timing in relation to the ADPCM stream accompanying the text speed). It’s looking great. SamIam subtitled a few cinemas too. Man, the story is really coming together (knowing the cinema details/dialogue makes the level dialogue more clear as well. The context, that is).

My long time friend has offered to take on the dubbing project for the game. I hope he knows what he has committed to ;>_>